Mid Bedfordshire District Council
PLANNING (LISTED BUILDINGS AND CONSERVATION AREAS) ACT 1990—SECTIONS 69 & 70
CLOPHILL CONSERVATION AREA
Notice is hereby given under the provisions of the 1990 Act that Mid Bedfordshire District Council has determined that the area described in the Schedule to this notice is an area of special architectural or historic interest and that it is desirable to preserve or enhance its character or appearance. Mid Bedfordshire District Council amended the Clophill Conservation Area on 16 April 2008. The conservation area was originally designated on 3 September 1973 and reviewed on 12 February 1991.
The principal effects of the conservation area designation are as follows:
- 1 The Council is under a duty to prepare proposals to ensure the preservation or enhancement of the area.
- 2 Consent must be obtained from the Council for the substantial or total demolition of any unlisted building (exceeding 115 cubic metres) in the area.
- 3 Six weeks notice must be given to the Council before works are carried out to any tree in the are.
- 4 Special publicity must be given to planning applications for development in the area.
- 5 In carrying out any functions under the Planning Acts (and in particular, in determining applications for planning permission & listed building consent), the Council and the Secretary of State are required to take into account the desirability of preserving or enhancing the character and appearance of the area.
For further information regarding the Clophill Conservation Area & the precise boundary lines or to obtain a copy of the Clophill Conservation Area Appraisal, please contact:
Mid Bedfordshire District Council- Conservation and Design, Environmental and Planning Services, Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands, Shefford, Bedfordshire SG17 5TQ telephone: 01462- 611 339.
Gary Alderson, Director of Environmental and Planning Services
All properties at:
Mill Lane, The Green, The Strand .
Back Street - south side, from & including nos. 1 & 7- 15; north side, from & including no. 2 to The Stone Jug p.h. & nos. 14a- 30.
Bedford Road - no. 2.
Church Mews - nos. 1 & 2 (including the garage block to the north).
Great Lane - nos. 1 & 3.
High Street - north side, from & including nos. 1- 53, 61- 93, 97, 111- 125; south side, nos. 4- 64, 66A- 70, 78 & 80, 100- 124.
Howard Mews - nos. 1, 2 & 3.
Little Lane - from & including Broom Cottage & nos. 1 & 2 & 3- 13.
The Causeway - nos. 1 & 3 (Cloverleaf).
The Slade - from & including nos. 1- 9 (including Mount Pleasant & the land on the west side of The Slade, to the north of no. 9) & 2- 24 (April Cottage).